Christmas Skyr Pie
For the crust:
- 200 g gingerbread cookies
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 600 g plain skyr
- 1 dl sugar
- 4 dl cream
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp gingerbread spice (1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice, ½ tsp muscat, ½ tsk clove powder, ½ tsp ginger powder and ½ tsp anis)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the decoration:
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 175 °C (350 °F).
- Crush the gingerbread cookies in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 23 cm (9 inch) pie dish.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the filling: in a saucepan, combine the skyr, sugar, cream, cornstarch, vanilla extract, gingerbread spice and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and starts to boil. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the skyr mixture into the cooled crust and smooth out the top. Let cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best consistency.
Note: You can enjoy the skyr pie as is, or decorated it with fresh blueberries. Merry Christmas!